We look forward to seeing you in our office soon for your upcoming appointment!
The safety, comfort and wellbeing of all of our patients and staff remains a top priority. While we are thankful that things seem to be getting better with respect to the Pandemic, we are also well aware that there are still significant risks and Covid-19 has by no means disappeared. So please note the policies, protocols and information that follows as it will better prepare you for your visit to our office and help ensure your good health and that of our staff members.
Covid-19 Screening Forms
You will be required to complete a fairly brief Covid-19 screening questionnaire twice… once upon scheduling an appointment with our office as well as a second time within an hour of your appointment time. This is a directive of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons. Failure to do so may result in your appointment being cancelled.
You have two ways to complete the forms:
- Complete it yourself on your smartphone or computer by selecting the appropriate link on this page of our website. Or, when still outside our office doors, you can use the QR codes we have posted so you can easily navigate your way to the questionnaire that way as well.
- Have one of our staff members ask you the questions by telephone. Just call our office at 519-759-0049 to review the questionnaire with one of us.
Even if mask-wearing is not mandatory when out and about in public places, mask-wearing in dental offices is still required, as per the current mandate of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons. Individuals who do not wear appropriate masks will not be permitted in our office.
A medical mask is ideal but a fabric mask will suffice.
Masks with valves, neck gaiters and face shields are not considered an appropriate substitute and therefore not permitted.
Patients will be required to wear the mask the entire time you are in our office, with the exception of course being while their dental work is being performed.
Individuals accompanying patients must be masked the entire time they are in our office.
If you do not have an appropriate mask with you upon arrival at our office, just ask and one of our staff members would be pleased to provide one to you.
In addition to a mask, please bring with you:
- A pair of glasses to protect your eyes. This can be your normal, everyday vision glasses or a pair of sunglasses. If you do not have any, we can provide some.
- A sweater or jacket. You may want to dress in layers. Please note that our office is kept on the colder side to help ensure our staff do not overheat in that they are wearing a significant number of layers of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Note that we also have blankets for our patients which of course are washed in between every use in accordance with Royal College laundering protocols.
Please advise us immediately if you are or could be pregnant, or if anything significant has changed with respect to your medical situation or if you are undergoing or have recently undergone any type of medical treatment.
If Possible, Come Alone
We are still required to limit office occupancy as much as possible. Accordingly, we ask that only patients themselves enter our office whenever possible. Of course, some of our patients may require the attendance of a family member, friend or support worker in extenuating circumstances. We are completely understanding of this and for this reason but as that patient companions only enter our office suite when absolutely necessary.
Upon Entering Our Office…
You will notice that our door is kept locked. Once you arrive, please notify us of your arrival either by calling 519-759-0049, Sending an SMS or pushing the Ring Doorbell located right outside of our suite.
Upon entry, the staff member who greets you will ask you to sanitize your hands and take your temperature and then welcome you into our office suite, provided of course you pass our screening form and proto.
Covid-Symptoms or Exposure After Your Visit?
Should you experience any Covid-19 symptoms within 14 days after visiting our office, kindly notify our office immediately.
I hope that this information puts your mind at ease and I welcome you to ask us any questions you may have about how we are working together to keep our staff and patients alike safe during these difficult times.
Everyone’s safety is our number one priority. Thank-you to you, our patients, for continuing to trust us with your care.
Dr. Steve Deskin and the Team at Brantford North Dental